Call us on 02 6944 0200

Find Us On...

Modifying a Development Consent

To Modify a Development Consent (Section 96 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act)

The following items need to be prepared and submitted for such types of development applications.

Lodging an Application to Modify Development Consent (Section 96)

The following items need to be prepared and submitted for all S96 Applications. The Application to Modify Development Consent can be used to submit the following applications:

Section 96 (1) - involving minor error, misdescription or miscalculation only

Section 96 (1A) - involving minimal environmental impact

Section 96 (2) - other modifications

Section 96 AA (1) - modification of consent granted by the Land & Environment Court

Completed Application Form

When lodging an application you must submit a completed application form, along with:

·         consent from all the registered owners. If a company owns the property, the company stamp or seal is required. If the building is subject to a strata scheme, the owners' corporation seal and authorised signatures are required.

·         details of the proposed modification(s) and impact of change, as required.

Required Fees

Gundagai Shire Council is required to charge a statutory fee for the processing of applications to modify development consent (planning).  The fee depends on the category of application for consideration by Council. 

Advertising and/or notification fees may also be necessary for many types of development - check the current Fees and Charges by contacting Council's Planning, Health and Building on 6944 0200 for assistance. 

Lodgement Requirements

A section 96 application should include the completed form, fee, supporting documentation and three (3) sets of plans plus one A4 set of plans if the original plans are A0/A1 or A2 size, annotated to show changes and digital copy of the full application (see below).  Coloured plans are not necessary unless it is a major development. 

Drawings must be to scale - normally at 1:100 - and suitably numbered and dated. They are to be folded to A4 size with the title block to the front.

Additional information may be required. Before lodging an application to modify consent, discussion with Council's Planning, Health and Building staff is advised. Inadequate information may lead to delays in the assessment of the application.

Modifying an application prior to issuance of consent

No statutory fees and / or administration fees are payable to Gundagai Shire Council for modification of development application (planning and building) whilst the assessment of the proposal is ongoing and before a development consent is issued. 

If you are anticipating a change to your proposal during the application stage, please feel free to contact Council's Planning, Health and Building on 6944 0200 for assistance.