Approval for access by B-doubles to Local and Regional Roads is controlled by Council. Police and RTA enforce the access. Roads currently approved in the Shire area are shown on the maps below.

Applications for B-Doubles on Council controlled roads must be submitted to Council on the Application form available from the RTA website in the document "Route Assessment Guidelines for Restricted Access Vehicles".

Applications will be assessed by Council against the Guidelines and the application will be considered by the Local Traffic Committee. If approved by Council the B-double Route will be gazetted (in the NSW Government Gazette) and the route will be then available for use.

There are heavy fines as well as road safety and insurance risk for operators using B-doubles on non approved routes.

Rural B Double Routes

Town Map Showing B Double Route