8th April GYC MEGA YOUTH WEEK CHALLENGE
· Do you have the stamina? Do you have the determination?
· Are you down right crazy enough?
· The MEGA Challenge, if you choose to accept it, is to go hard and knock off as many of the GYC Youth Events as possible. Register and participate, doesn’t sound that hard does it?
· Registration for MEGA Challenge is Free, but some events will have costs involved, and point scoring will be done accordingly and with this in mind.
· There can only be one winner, and in the event of a draw the judges will issue an order for a count back on 3 of the 7 main events.
Friday 8th April 2.00pm – 4.00pm Tech Savvy Skills Exchange
· It starts with you sharing your skills in technology and in turn developing your skills in communication and delivery of tech support.
Saturday 9th April RIVERAGE
· At The Boys Club Hall, 23 Tumut ST South Gundagai
· Time 6:00pm to 1:00am
· Costs $20 for a ticket
· For 12-25 years and is a no alcohol event
Get your ticket from the
Riverage Facebook page
Monday 11th April 10.00am Library Sharpee Tie Dye
· Sharpee Tie Dye starts with us getting creative and turning a plain T-shirt into a unique fashion piece.
· Bring a white or light coloured t-shirt to decorate at this Youth Week event at the Gundagai Library. Make patterns with permanent markers and transform them into colourful tie dye effects to create your new favourite tee.
Thursday 14th April Amazing Race Starts With Us At 11:00am
· The Amazing Race starts with us taking up the challenge. Over 20 new locations, detours & roadblocks never attempted before. Push your team to the limit and feel the rush as you cross the finish line
· $5.00 entry per team
· Registration pack and more information from Mirrabooka.
Friday 15th April LAN Gaming
· At Mirabooka CTC
· $20 per person – includes a lunch of chips and dinner of pizza
· 9:00am to 11:00pm
· Booking essential as places are limited
· Contact Mirrabooka for more information
· Bring your kayak, canoe or hobi and enter some fun events.
· Junior, High School and Open events.
· Registration from 10:30 Events start at 11:00am.
· Business Team Charity Challenge - Entry $50.00.
· Food and Drink available.
Monday 18th Skatepark Street Art Workshop
· Spark Street Art starts you and your creative ideas. Take this a few friends and a street artist from the Riverina and you have a new look skatepark about to take off.
Tuesday 19th April Paintball in Canberra
· Under 16’s Paintball
· Cost: $30 per person
· There will be a limited amount of balls per person, however more can be purchased
· Bus leaves at 9:00am from Mirrabooka, and should return between 5:00pm and 6:00pm
Wednesday 20th April Wagga Bus Trip
· Leaving Mirrabooka 9.00am Return 5.00pm
· The Wagga trip starts with you and some friends heading for a day of freedom be it recreation or relaxation. Movies, mall, bowling, oasis, laser tag, the choice is yours. You deserve a day off.
Contact Mirrabooka/Gundagai Library on 0269 440200 for more information on all activities and events.
The aim of the Gundagai Youth Council is to involve young people in issues that affect them, encourage active involvement and awareness in the community, improve communication between young people and the rest of the community, give young people input into the decision-making processes of Gundagai Shire Council on issues that affect the community as a whole and to raise awareness of the positive contributions that young people can make to community life.
Youth Council meet every 2nd Thursday at 2:45pm at the Gundagai High School
Young people from 12 - 24 are welcome to apply to become members.
Forms are available at; Gundagai Shire Council, Gundagai Library, Mirrabooka and the Gundagai High School. You can also download here .
Applications will be received by the General Manager, Mr P McMurray at the Gundagai Council Chambers or post to: PO Box 34, Gundagai 2722, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org