Other Gundagai Cemeteries
There are eight other cemeteries located within the Gundagai Shire.
- Adjungbilly Cemetery: This cemetery is located on private property, 2.3 km along Red Hill Road. "Woodside" is to the right and the cemetery is arcoss a paddock on the southern side of Adjungbilly Creek.
- Coolac Cemetery: situated approximately 1km south of the Coolac village.
- North Gundagai Lawn Cemetery and Columbarium Wall: Situated on the northern side of William Street opposite the North Gundagai Cemetery.
- Mt Adrah: Situated on the left hand side of the Snowy Mountains Highway, approximately 4.5k from its junction with the Hume Highway. Turn left off the highway after crossing Yaven Yaven Ck, left again and the cemetery is located on a laneway to the right behind a small church (now a residence). On private property.
- Muttama Cemetery: Situated in a paddock on the right hand side of the road from Coolac, just south of Muttama - on private property.
- Nangus Cemetery : Is in the village of Nangus on the Gundagai-Wantabadgery Road.
- Tumblong Cemetery: On the right-hand side of the Tumblong-Adelong Road approximately 2k from the Hume Highway.
- Wagragobilly (Darbalara) Cemetery: From the Brungle bridge it is left on the Darbalara Road approximately 4.2km. Cemetery is located behind the church on the right - on private property.
Records relating to burials since 1968 are available from Council, as are some records prior to this date. Unfortunately many records were destroyed in a fire in the early sixties. Every effort is made to assist people seeking information on burials. Gundagai library also has some records and may be able to assist.
For information on costs relating to internments at any Council cemetery please contact Council's Community Services department during office hours.